Social care

If you have been the victim of failure by your local authority to provide care services then I may be able to help. I will provide you with a free case assessment. If you decide to proceed I would quote you a price for taking up your case. You would only have to pay this if you got social care services. This is a fixed priced rather than a proportion of benefits because it’s a claim for services rather than money.

What are the requirements for assessment?

The Care Act gives local authorities a duty to carry out a needs assessment in order to determine whether an adult has needs for care and support. The assessment:

  • must be provided to all people who appear to need care and support, regardless of their finances or whether the local authority thinks their needs will be eligible
  • must be of the adult’s needs and how they impact on their wellbeing, and the outcomes they want to achieve
  • must be carried out with involvement from the adult and their carer or someone else they nominate. The adult may need an independent advocate provided by the local authority to help them with the assessment process.

So it is generally unlawful when councils refuse to carry out an assessment.

Government Guidance is available here: Care Act Guidance.